In anticipation of the up-coming .NET Core 2.0 release (and the preview currently available), Todd, Jess, and Chris offer their answers to some of the frequently asked questions around .NET Core, such as:
- Does .NET Core 2.0 have all the namespaces/APIs as .NET 4.6?
- Does .NET Core support Visual Basic (VB.NET) yet?
- What about SignalR - is that available?
- What options do I have when running my ASP.NET Core applications? Do I have to use IIS? What about Docker?
- What is .NET Standard (and should I care)?
- What's the best IDE to use when building an ASP.NET Core application?
And, of course…
Links and References
- Should I start moving from .NET 4.6 to .NET Core now? Is it ready for prime time?